I started shaving really young. Like 12 years old young..
So I feel have a lot of experience in this area and I have bought too many shavers to remember. Some cheap, some expensive and I have finally settled on a fantastic product that ticks all the boxes – I would never change. It’s so good that it’s actually sold as a pet groomer / shearer in some markets!!!
- Sharp, close shaving that would not cut me, but also not take off my skin and leave me with a rash or sore face
- I’m into lightweight travelling so it needed to be small / compact and lightweight
- Needed to be inexpensive / good value for money
- Have at least one attachment so I could do my sideburns / handlebars
After many years of buying different types of razor I settled on this baby in 2010 and have had 4 of them since:
The Wahl Pocket Pro compact Hair Trimmer
You can get it in Black, Red, Blue, Pink – many different colours. Black is best because it has a different rubberised finish.
Between £5 and £10 delivered or you can pick them up on the high street in the UK for around £7
- It gives me the closest and most accurate all round shave, better than any other shaver or trimmer I have used
- You can get them from between £5 – £10 including delivery to any country (bargain!)
- It’s very small, lightweight and portable – perfect for the lightweight traveller / carry weight conscious
- It fits in your hand very well and makes for accurate sculpting of beard fashion
- it comes with Number 1 & 2 attachments so you can do your side burns or handles a bit longer
- It uses one standard AA battery so I can easily get one anywhere for it or use my torch rechargeable in it
- It comes with a blade protector (see below for why this is good)
- It’s perfect for the whole body..
- The blade is very delicate and if you drop it on a tiled floor the tiny teeth will break off meaning it won’t work to it’s full capacity. I have had 3 of them creak this way but it’s my own fault for not using the blade covered supplied or just being a clumsy oaf and dropping it.
- I had the first one for about 2 years and in that time it did eventually start going rusty but it was exposed to water and used at least once everyday for two years.
What’s in the box
- 1 x Shaver
- 1 x AA Battery
- 3 x size attachments 1, 2 and a larger adjustable but I have never used this
- 1 x tiny pot of oil for the blades
- 1 x blade cover (use this everyday!)
- 1 x cleaning brush
Where to buy the Wahl Pocket Pro:
- TK Maxx
I have had these sent to me in Thailand, Australia and England. The great thing about buying this item from Amazon is that you can get it shipped anywhere and be fully insured / covered and still get it for the cheapest retail price.
The reason I thin this is the best travel shaver is because I have tried having larger rechargeable ones with power chords and it’s just a bunch of extra cables and plugs to weigh your journey down. With this you are always going to have at least 1 AA battery in your kit for something else so you can either share batteries (saving weight and space) or buy them in packs or use your go-to rechargeable batteries. The Wahl Pocket Pro is nearly as cheap as buying batteries so if you leave it in a hostel in Cambodia you won’t beat yourself up and instead just order another one from Amazon.
If you have enjoyed this product review and would like to get it delivered for the very cheapest price (at the time of writing) then please buy the Wahl Pocket Pro trimmer on Amazon and help me get an affiliate referral to pay for this mornings coffee 🙂