Inova X1 Torch
I purchased this torch when I left the UK in 2012 and it’s still in great condition after being dropped countless times and thrown about and lost then found again.
So I thought I’d share some logic as to why I feel this is a great travel torch for the price.
A lot of lightweight travellers may be of the opinion that they don’t really need a separate torch with the powerful flashes and flash light apps on new smartphones – so I’ll tell you why this this torch is worth taking with you. I found myself in so many situations where having this torch was a god send.
Working at night and sleeping in new / shared places where you don’t want to wake others up by putting the lights on – this lightweight torch was a god-send. You can also completely conceal it in your hands and it feels good to hold. I found myself tucking it into my sleeve a lot and there were times when people would lose things in the dark and I would have it ready for recovery.
- It’s really small and it’s got that ‘quality’ feel about it without being heavy.
- It’s super light and fit’s in your hand really well so you can hold it like a policeman would or if you are writing with it.
- it has a high power (55 lumens) and low power (6 lumens) setting which last for 2 hours and 40 hours respectively.
- The on / off mechanism is an anticlockwise twist which switches from high, low and off.
- If you press down the rear of the torch it bypasses the twist turn on and acts like a button for fast draw.
- It costs between 15 and 20 so it’s an inexpensive yet high quality item that will last a lifetime
- It takes 1 standard AA battery even though its high power so you can always find a cheap replacement in every country or you can use your travel rechareables (if your that way inclined).
- They come in awesome black or awesome titanium
- Sometime if you have it in a front pocket or bag of stuff it can turn itself on with the push button.
I could have also said that the 55 lumens was not really too powerful for todays HP LED standards but this just is not true. You can pick out stars with it and comparing this with my new Lezyne Micro Drive bike lights (the front of which being 200 lumens) it really stands up and seems more powerful that it is rated. Must have a quality bulb which gives me confidence for longevity of the bulb.
It also comes with a loop hole and small loop in the box but I got rid of mine and use it without the rope.
As usual, I bought my Inova X1 on Amazon but they are widely available for worldwide delivery and the packing size is very small so you won’t get stung if you order it across long distances.
Where to buy:
As usual, I recommend buying it from Amazon because they have free / fully insured delivery, they guarantee the quality of item and offer free returns . If you’ve made up your mind and are ready to buy one, why not get your Inova X1 on Amazon for the lowest price (at time of writing) and give me some affiliate love.
What a great Lightweight torch – Thanks for reading.